6 Things to GROW your Facebook Following:
- Ask your friends and family to follow your page, but don’t beg them for a follow and don’t be insulted if they don’t follow you. They are not your ideal audience. But most times you can get 400-600 followers who are already your friends and family.
- Post four times a day. Every day. Every day. Every day.
- Film two Facebook Lives every week. (Get my free list of 60 Facebook Live topic ideas HERE.)
- Use your Facebook Insights to determine what your audience wants to see more of and then do more of THAT.
- Be different and be YOU.
- Write your Facebook posts like you’re texting your best friend. Quit putting on your business hat and write your posts like you actually talk! Build RELATIONSHIP with your audience.
5 Things to NOT do on your Facebook Page:
- Don’t obsess over your numbers. Don’t look at the unfollows and quit trying to figure out who just unliked your page.
- Don’t just barf up sales posts all day long on your page.
- Don’t outsource your voice.
- Don’t run contests because you’re getting the “coupon cutters” as followers.
- Don’t try to be someone who you’re not.
These tips should really help your Facebook get going. If you found them useful, you will get even more guidance and insight into social media in my coaching program – Inner Circle. Get on the waitlist HERE. This highly-motivated group of biz owners is only open twice a year to new members.
I also have another video you can watch about the new Facebook algorithm changes HERE. I’ll go over what Facebook is looking for out of your page and your posts and how to be more engaging and meaningful.
And if you want the NEXT STEP — how to use social media to make you some $$$$$ — sign up for my free workshop series here.
Happy Posting and Growing!
Get my BIZ Emails
Looking for books by Christian authors and mentors to help me jumpstart my business and I came across your name. I love our podcast #63. I am listening to it now. I would love to take your classes, workshops and any other mentoring program that you offer. Your words speak life to me, to my dry bones and to my heart’s search for my place in the world to show God’s love and to have a business and have that business produce money.
First time listening. Loved it.Arlene
An answer to my prayers! Thank you for so much content while I wait for this to open!
Jennifer Allwood your information rocks!
I found the convenience of Facebook scheduling. SO if I am going to be gone all day I can pre-schedule. ( I don’t do aps on my phone.)
Question about the LIVE videos. I do videos, and I can post with in a few minutes via my lap top. Will that work?
( I don’t do aps because I am visually impaired and I have lost dexterity in my dominate hand. Should I figure out something to do LIVE because will FB penalize me?)
Facebook loves video content — but Facebook REALLY loves LIVES!! — Emily,
I get a broken link when I click on the 60 ideas for facebook live…. could I get that emailed to me? Other than that love the content!
Found it 🙂 https://jenniferallwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/60-ideas-for-Facebook-LIVE-videos.pdf
Thank you so much for this info – I had no idea how important live was vs just doing videos! 🙂