There’s a lot to think about when naming and branding your business. Let’s start with a list of do’s and don’ts for your business name.
Business Name Do’s:
- Make it easy to spell
- Make sure it’s not already taken on Facebook
- Make sure the website and domain is available (and purchase it right away!!!!)
- Make sure it’s a name that could grow WITH you and doesn’t keep you stuck in one industry, Ie: Jennifer’s Painting, because what if I decide to stop painting???
- Make sure that it’s easy for people to remember
Business Name Do NOT’s:
- Use special characters or numbers
- Use a spin on something trying to be cute
- Use words that no one can spell
- Use words misspelled on purpose
- Use words that lock you into ONE industry’, ie; Jennifer’s Painting
- Don’t pick a name and then add your location, because what if you move??? Ie: Jennifer’s Painting – Missouri (Plus it’s hard to remember and will lead to competitors
- Pick a name that a bunch of others already use
I hope this helps you get started in creating your business. I like to encourage my clients to BRAND THEMSELVES. Down the road this make sense when you expand in the online world and gain recognition.. It’s one of the 7 Things I Wish I had Done Sooner In my Business…