Years ago, Jason and I went to a dinner party where they served chicken with sun-dried tomato cream sauce and it’s one of those things that I became OBSESSED with.
Jason has tweaked and tweaked different recipes until he came up with his own that our entire family loves. Several of our kids will only eat the pasta and butter… they don’t eat chicken with the sauce. But this recipe right here… we can make it for the entire family. #Hallelujiah
We hope you enjoy this episode of “Mr. Magic in the Kitchen”! 😉
Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 16 oz. package of your favorite pasta (We love Farfalle bow tie)
- 1-2 loaves of Baguette bread (This is our favorite, but choose whatever bread you like best!)
- 4-5 boneless chicken breasts (I prefer the thin-sliced)
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlicsmashed and finely diced
- 1/4 in tsp. ground red pepper flakes (You can use cayenne pinch)
- 1/3 cup drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tsp. dried basil flakes
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Remove chicken from package and trim if needed. Pat dry with a paper towel and discard.
- Season with 1 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and brown on each side (about 5 min per side turning only once).
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate. The chicken will NOT be fully cooked and I use the towels to absorb grease.
- Do not remove any of the oil or any chicken that may have stuck to the bottom of the skillet!
- Turn heat to medium and add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and the sun-dried tomatoes. Cook the garlic for about 1-2 min and stir often so nothing burns.
- Slowly incorporate all the chicken stock continue to scrape the bottom of the skillet (deglaze the skillet).
- Turn the heat back to medium-high and cook and stir for about 1-2 minutes.
- Return the chicken back to the skillet and bring the liquid to a boil and cover.
- Discard the paper towel the chicken was on and replace it with a new one.
- The chicken will cook for about 4-5 min. Check and turn often!
- Make sure your chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the dried basil and the heavy cream. Stir to incorporate.
- Return the chicken to the sauce.
- Adjust the heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes (I typically spoon the sauce over the chicken repeatedly).
- Remove from heat.
- Add a layer of pasta on the bottom of a bowl (plates work but we like lots of sauce).
- Place the chicken on top of the pasta.
- Spoon the creamy sauce over the chicken and pasta (any amount you desire!).
- We serve with heated and sliced Baguette bread (perfect for cleaning the bowl!)
And if you’d like to watch Mr. Magic cook this meal LIVE, check out my Facebook video HERE!
Enjoy! And save this on Pinterest so you can come back to it! 😉
Can u two please do a cook book !! It’s hard for me to copy these from insta!!!