One of the things I’ve learned in business is the importance of using email and collecting email addresses so I can send my fans and followers the latest blog posts, newsletters, sales or promotions. The reason I value the email list so much is because a few years ago my Facebook page was shut down for THREE DAYS. Not having access to my people for THREE DAYS made me realize how important this email list is. I always coach my clients, NEVER put all your eggs into social media baskets. Spend the time build your email list. Down the road, when working with brand partners and getting sponsorships, this email list is CRUCIAL!!!! IF any social media went defunct or canceled your account you would still have a source of revenue.
Set up your Email Marketing
Other options to consider:
- Aweber (my affiliate link if you decide to use it)
- Constant Contact
- Click Funnels
- My Emma
- Active Campaign
- Ontraport (my affiliate link)
Take a look at your options and see what pricing plans and which capabilities fit your needs. READ THE TERMS OF AGREEMENT. Various email marketing platforms will limit what you are allowed promote and how you can gather email addresses
How to gather email subscribers
- Build an email subscriber landing page
- Use Strategic Form fields in your header, footer, sidebar
- Use Pop-ups, I recommend time delayed ones
- Use links in blog posts
- Build Opt-ins and Content Upgrades inside Blog Posts where someone gives their email in exchange for something free (Brandon Christ and I talk about that here) You can see an example of one of my here where I give away my e-book There are also web-tools you can look for like Opt-in Monster or LeadPages
I recommend getting a virtual assistant to help with your email marketing and set-up your opt-ins. I use Emily Reagan of EmilyReaganPR.com and Brandon Christ of theBrandMentors.com. Check out my list of business resources too.
This is an important step!!! Start collecting those loyal fans!!!
Email Marketing Strategy with Christina Ethridge
Inner Circle Peeps: