In preparation for my Equipped Women’s Conference and trying to recover from my winter full of 10 snow days and TOOOOOO MANY carbs, I’m trying to eat healthier right now. So, these lettuce wraps that my husband makes are so good because they literally are high in protein, (mostly carb free) and incredibly delicious. These are so good we eat these for dinner every Tuesday … we’ve been calling it “Lettuce Wrap Tuesday” simply because we are just creatures of habit. LOL. This recipe is inspired from P.F. Chang’s and Damn Delicious.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 bunch Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken or Ground Turkey
- 4 oz. Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 bunch scallions/cut into 1/4inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 can diced water chestnuts (I chop into smaller for easier eating)
- 3 pack romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 package rice sticks (I use Maifun rice sticks)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a separate saucepan 2 cups vegetable oil heat to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan over med-high heat cook the ground chicken until golden brown and chop until crumbly.
- Drain the chicken.
- Over med-high heat add the garlic and onions to the cooked chicken.
- Cook until the onions are cooked and clear about 3-5 min.
- Add all 3 sauces to the mix and reduce heat to medium.
- Let simmer for 2-3 min stirring often.
- Turn heat back to med-high and add the scallions and water chestnuts.
- Cook for 2-3 min stirring often.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the separate saucepan with the heated oil.
- Add a small handful of rice sticks and flash fry for 30 secs and then turn and fry the other side.
- Remove from and drain the rice noodles.
- Remove romaine hearts from package and wash. Shake dry.
- Cut the bottom 2-3 inches off and discard.
- Cut the top inch off the hearts and discard.
- Separate the leaves (I typically discard the center)
- Grab a leaf of the romaine heart.
- Spoon in the desired amount of chicken filling.
- Sprinkle the cooked rice noodles on top.
- Enjoy and the repeat until full……
Live Cooking: Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Jason and I made lettuce wraps AND potato soup together.
Save this on Pinterest!