Years ago, Jason took me out to this fancy restaurant that literally served turkey testicles. I tried them. #TrueStory.
And they also served a bacon-wrapped goat cheese salad. I don’t know about you, but I’ve never met a goat cheese I didn’t like. And this salad is just LIFE. We have figured out the perfect salad dressing to go on it and for some reason, it just makes me feel super healthy every time I eat it. LOL.
So, I hope you enjoy this recipe from Mr. Magic!!!
Bacon-Wrapped Goat Cheese Salad
- 5 oz container baby spinach ( I use Organic Girl)
- 5 oz container spring mix (Again, I use Organic Girl. It’s triple washed.)
- 1 package pre-cooked bacon (I used Oscar Meyer.)
- 1 granny smith apple (According to Jen, it HAS to be Granny Smith!)
- 1 8 oz loaf/log of goat cheese ( I use a natural non-GMO, 8 oz. loaf and we always have some leftover.)
- 1 bottle Girard’s Champagne Dressing (This product is amazing unless you want to make your own!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Open pre-cooked bacon and remove 6 pieces.
- Place 2 pieces of bacon in an X on the baking sheet and repeat with other 4 pieces of bacon.
- Open the goat cheese and place on the cutting board. Cut 3 pieces of the goat cheese into ¼ to ½ inch.
- Place the goat cheese in the center of the X on top of the bacon.
- Wrap bacon around the goat cheese one slice at a time.
- Secure with a toothpick in the center atop the bacon-wrapped cheese.
- Place in a pre-heated oven and cook for about 5 min or until the bacon is to your desired crispiness.
- Remove and let stand until ready to place on the salad.
- Clean and wash the apple.
- Place the apple on cutting board and cut 2 sides from top to bottom close to the core.
- From the 2 slices dice the apple into 1/4 x1 /4 or into small sized topping pieces. We don’t use the whole apple!
- Set aside until ready to prepare the salad.
- Place your desired amount of spring mix in your bowl. A handful is usually plenty.
- Place your desired amount of baby spinach on top of spring mix.
- Sprinkle your diced Granny Smith apple on top of the salad mix.
- Place the wrapped goat cheese (remove toothpicks before eating) on the side or on top of the salad mix.
- Cut up the wrapped goat cheese and bacon into small bite-sized pieces.
- Pour your desired amount of dressing on the salad.
- Get addicted!
There you have it, my friends! One of my summertime favorites!!!
Click HERE if you want to check out some of Mr. Magic’s other favorite recipes! Thank God I have a man that can cook!! 🙂
Pinterest lovers, you can save the graphic below to your food board if you wanna try this recipe later!